Weather

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

So much love for all

The last few days have been wonderful!  I have got to see the real heart of some of the workers here for the people of this city.  On Saturday we went to an orphanage and the kids were just all so beautiful.  If I could bundle them all up and take them home I would.  They sang for us and also taught us a song in the local language of Tamil.  Then some of us IGs got up and sang for them...some good old golden oldies from our youth.  Then on Sunday night we got to go do a soup run.  We did not have soup at all, but that is what they have always called it so there you go.  We went to the homeless sleeping on the streets and gave them a bun of bread and some chai.  It is not much but they would just smile as you gave them this. 

As this week began we have been doing training, and everything at school is in full swing prepping for the kids to arrive.  I have been asked to teach a drama class for some students once a week, and I have been picking my script for my group do.  I can not wait for them to arrive!  I know this is short, but the dinner bell just rang and I am very hungry.  Then tonight is a ladies night where we are getting some local clothes others have left for us and we are all getting wrapped tonight(in a saree).  I will have pictures soon, but I have not been able to find my cord.  I still have not gotten to unpack because we are in temp housing.  More to come!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to experience the heart of India. I know I would want to bring all the children home with me as well. Soak up and enjoy every moment. I love you and talk to dad about you often. Mom

    ReplyDelete