Weather

Saturday, August 20, 2011

So the First week down.

Well all the first week of school over. It went great!!!!!! I am for now in the mornings working with the Standard (St) 5 class which are kids about 9-10 yrs old.  We have 13 kids in class, and they are all angels.  I am also attached to the Sunshine Dorm these girls are St 5-6 so about 9-11yrs old.  They are great as well(sometimes challenging but wonderful)  I am also directing a play for half of St 9 (age 13-14 yrs old) so that is about 20 kids.  Then I am also teaching a drama class to the St 8 (12-13 yrs old).  

I am loving all the things I am getting caught up in.  I am also asking for more. So hopefully I will have more on my plate in the next few weeks.  I know it sound like a lot I am already doing, but it is mainly in the morning for classes and mainly in the evening for dorms so my afternoons are very slow.  

I have loved seeing some the kids transform just in the few days they have been here from shy to now talking up a storm.  I have also loved to see some of their wisdom at such a young age.  I told a story the other day to the dorm girls, and as soon as I was done one of the girls said "Hey I know a verse about that!"

 The Father has been reminding me daily of the idea of "out of the mouth of babes"  I can not wait to see more of what the father has for students and for me over this next year. 

A few things that you can be thinking about for me are directions for me. I know that this year is far from over but I do want to start asking now for guidance.  Also for plans to start falling into place for this whole year, and also for good rest for me(I have not been getting much good sleep).

Thank you to all of you who read this blog, and thank you for all your wonderful thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Mel,
    What a special angel they have among them! I cannot imagine boarding my children, even knowing that it was for their best interest. Moving Alex at 18,
    into the dorms was hard enough! So, I admire your families for their strength! And the kids for rising to support each other!

    I am glad that you are filling your days, I am sure it is hard to have idle time. I will talk with Father about this. And seek his advice for you.

    Kate starts UCO next week, a few more curves in the road, but Dad is keeping us focused on the big picture. Reminding us that we are quite small and not really in charge of the details... Lessons you worked on this summer!

    While we miss you here and your amazing hugs! I am eager to hear your adventures of Intriguing India.

    Most importantly, I love you and Father says He loves you most of all!

    Donna R.

    ReplyDelete