Weather

Sunday, September 30, 2012

One down...so many more to go!!!!!!!

So the first week of school has ended.  I am so excited about my classes, and the professors that are teaching them.  I can not wait to see how much I am going to learn in these classes.  But before I get to much into classes let me tell you about orientation the week before.

Orientation:
This week was soo much fun.  We had so many times to hang out and get to know other new students.  We even got to have breakfast with President of the seminary.  I do have to say the best times were just getting to hang out with the other people in my program.  We all have very interesting stories, and histories of ministry.  I actually got to meet someone that has lived in the same city in China that I lived in a few years back.  It was nice to be able to talk about the city again.  Our department actually even did a scavenger hunt in Downtown LA.  Then I have also found a great church.  They have been awesome, and love to support their community.  I am hoping to get involved with them in some way sooner or later.

1st week of classes:
I am taking 3 classes which in Grad school that is full time.  So I will be super busy.  I am taking an Introduction to New Testament, Theology and Arts, and a Globalization, Poor, and Christian Mission class.  The New Testament class is a basic overview of how to study scripture and break it down.  The theology and arts class is a class looking at how to mash theology and the arts together.  We are looking at the history and methods of making that work.  The Globalization, Poor, and Christian Mission class is looking at what Globalization is and how it is affecting the poor.  Then with that how we as Christian should be supporting the poor.  All of my classes have been great. They have tons of writing and TONS of reading.  This week alone I had to read about 300 pgs.  That seems to be the norm here so this should be fun.  I have no papers due this next week but I have 2, 4-5 pg papers due next week.  I am going to really work on scheduling my time well.

Some things to be praying for are:
A job!!! I have not been able to find a job yet and just keep waiting on God to provide something.  I know that he will provide, but I just have to be willing to wait for the right thing to come.

Developing good friendships.  In this adventure of seminary everyone keeps saying that the friendships you make here are some of the strongest things that help you grow.  Since you can shoot ideas off each other and  for iron to sharpen iron.

Also for my studies. That what I am learning in class will sink in. That as I am working on papers that God will just help me write the proper information.

No comments:

Post a Comment