Weather

Monday, September 17, 2012

Let the madness begin!

So today is officially the first day of orientation for school.  I don't have much to do today since most of the session have to do with international students.  I do have a cool dessert Jazz concert tonight to go to, and then tomorrow starts meeting all day for the rest of the week.  I am kinda excited. I did not end up going to my undergrad orientation(was suppose to but got bored) but people have told me that this is not something to miss.  I am very excited to see and meet a ton of people. Since school is not in session right now the campus has been a bit dead.

I have gotten to meet some people this last week! I got invited to the beach with about 50-60 other Fullerites.  We got out there at like 4pm and then some stayed til the beach closed at like 10pm.  It was a bit awkward at first since I did not know anyone, but everyone was super sweet and talked to me like crazy.  They all wanted to hear about India, and even Oklahoma.  They all thought it was funny that this was one of the few times I had ever been to the beach in my life.  We all brought some food out and had a giant BBQ.  At one point some other girls and myself walked down to the water, and after about 20 mins headed back up to our tent...to find that most everyone was gone...we were very confused.  Then we look to our left where there is some music coming from...and lo and behold there was most of our group having an impromptu worship session with a group from another Christian University...then a group from a church came over till we had like 100-150 people standing on the beach together singing worship to God in different languages.  It was really cool to see it all happen.  Before we all left the beach we made sure to pray for this new school year, and that God would bless us.

Then yesterday I went to church....now I know what you are thinking of course you did...a bunch of us did...but I walked to church...it took me 1hr to walk to church.  I had heard of this great church online that I have been dying to try even before I came.  I was not feeling good last week so I decided to not go, but this week I had to get there.  After my walk I finally find the church and it was great! Everyone was super friendly and really excited about serving.  I loved getting to hang with them, and they even made sure I had a ride home so that I did not have to walk(the ride home took 5 mins).

Last night we had a community event to get to the people that live around us.  People got up and performed any talents they might have and lots of people brought some baked goods for food.  It was lots of fun. Most of the people that came out I had already met but it was nice just to hang with them.

Then today like I said I have the dessert thing, but then tomorrow I think I actually have stuff from like 8:30 am-7 pm.  I am ready for things to get going but also super nervous.

Below I am going to post some pictures from the beach.  I got some great ones of the sun setting.  Thanks for reading this, and thanks for all your support!!!!!!



Start of the Worship Session







No comments:

Post a Comment