Weather

Sunday, September 9, 2012

1 week down...a ton more to go




Well I'm back.  I am living in California going to Seminary.  If you had not heard I did make it back safe and sound from India.  I really surprised my mom...who did not know that I was coming home 3 days early. Here is a video of my mom seeing me for the first time in almost a year...I do have to laugh that one of the first things she says to me is that I have a nose piercing.




Well now I am at school in Pasadena. I actually live like 2 block from where the Rose Bowl Parade happens.  So maybe I will get to see it in person this year.  I will try to hold a sign telling my mom I am on TV.  Well like I said I am going to seminary.  I am going to be studying Intercultural Studies with an emphasis in Theology and the Arts.  I actually get to enroll in classes at noon tomorrow.  I can not wait.  Then one week from Monday we start new student orientation then the fun of classes begins.  It will be interesting trying to get back into the swing of studying and writing papers again.  I have loved getting here early to have time to explore the city.  Pasadena is very pretty...I keep wanting to take picture of the city but I don't want to look like a tourist.  But I have been taking pictures of the school   I will post them below if you want to see them  I am going to try to keep posting on here, but know that it might be a bit random when I get to post.  This is Grad school and I will by typing my fingers to the bone trying to get papers done.  This school does not work on semesters...they do quarters so each class only gets 10 weeks to get all the info in.  This will be fun!!!!!!!!!  Well I will post the pictures then I should most likely go to bed. Thank you all for your support and if you would like to also get email update about once a month then feel free to email me at mel.s.chambers@gmail.com and I will add you to the list.
Jesus Statue

Prayer Garden

One of Fuller's Office buildings

Main strip of campus

Front of my housing building

My front door




No comments:

Post a Comment