Weather

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Reality Sets In

So it is really starting to hit that almost half my time here is gone.  Which makes me happy and a little sad.  Since it is almost half over this means that most of the IGs that I have been working with this whole time will be leaving, and a whole new set will be arriving in January.  I am not sure how I feel about this.  On all my past trips I have almost always been the one leaving, and the majority of the people I work with staying.  This trip is totally different.  I will be the one staying, and it kinda makes me sad.  I know that if this is the life that the Father has for me then I will have to learn to deal with people leaving.  It hit the hardest today when tonight I was laying my girls down to bed.  They all said "Goodnight Miss Mel. I love you" and they all kissed me on the cheek.  It hit me how much I have been doing with these girl, and how much they look up to me (even when I am not perfect).  I will have a really hard time leaving them in June.

Speaking of leaving....I have decided what I think the Father has for me for next year....are you ready....ok here I go....I am going to go to seminary.  I have sent in my application to Fuller in Pasadena, Ca (I know that is not Oklahoma).  If I am accepted then I will have to be in Cali by mid-September.  I am very excited and nervous, because I do not know how I am going to afford everything that I will need to go back to school.  I know that if this is the Father's plan then he will provide what I need.  I was really hoping to stay here at Hebron, but I realized that if I did it would just me being selfish and not the Father.  I am hoping to hear back from the seminary soon, but I do not know when.

I ask that through this time that you would be talking to the Father for me about this, and I will be think about you to the Father as well. 

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing selfish about enjoying service and finding contentment right where you are:)! Staying an additional year, or attending graduate school, both could be good options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each child..each person you touch is like a little raindrop. They feel it...you made a difference! EXPECT..EXHIBIT..EMPOWER...EMBOLDEN..EMBRACE!
    You are on such an awesome journey that we cannot take. I am praying for you. I adore you.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete