Weather

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Great Weekend!!!!


Well as promised in my last blog this blog might be a little longer.  This last week was great, well mainly the weekend.  So this whole last week was busy…I kinda felt like I never stopped moving some days.  Then the weekend hit.  Now the weekend was very busy but it was so much fun.  Here at Hebron the school likes its sports.  So this last weekend was the cross country event.  Now we did not compete with any other schools it was just our kids against each other.  Almost all of the little ones ran in the race (shortened track of course), and 6 from each of the older classes ran as well(they run I think 5 km).  I got to work the little ones race, by standing by the path and cheering them on.  Their race for about half of them was almost 1.5 km long.  By the time they got to me they were almost done.  You could see it in their faces that they just wanted to stop but they didn’t.  Once all the kids past me I went to the finish line to see the seniors of the school running alongside the little ones and cheering them on to keep moving till it was over.  It was so sweet to see.  It reminded me of hear Brandon and Chris speak in the student group back home about the older ones reaching down to the younger ones.  That happens here at Hebron all the time.

After cross country I got to meet up with the couple that I stayed with in Bangalore.  They had never been to Ooty so they decided to come down for the weekend.  They took me to lunch and I gave them a tour of the school.  Then it was time to get ready!!!  Ready for what you might be asking…well for the Student Council Event.  These events are amazing.  There were all kinds of food everywhere from all different cultures to try out, and we get to dress up for these events.  This year’s theme was Shrek and his Fairy Tale Land.  See could dress up as anything from a fairy tale.  My roomies and I went as the 3 Musketeers.  The event was well put together and just wonderful.
Jade, Me, and Amanda as the 3 Musketeers!

The next day was Sunday, so we had church, but also all of us IGs had to plan a service for that evening, so most of the day was getting ready for that event.  I got to teach the IGs a drama that I designed and it was just nice to get to see my work on stage again.  All the staff said the service was a great success.  We had one of our girls tell her story with the Father, and we also had so really great illustrations.  After the service many people stayed to talk to the father, and seek him.  I got to talk with one young girl about life and making choices for the father.  It was just so wonderful.  After a whole weekend of being busy and always going to just take the time to look at the father for who he is. 

A few things to be talking to the almighty about are sickness(it is flying through the school like crazy), stamina, and just really being committed to our jobs here as staff and teachers.  This weekend we are taking about 130 kids to a retreat about the father.  We will be leaving on Friday after school and coming back Sunday after lunch.  Many of these kids do not know the father so please ask that he would show himself strongly.  

This pic below is just the father showing off his handy work.

No comments:

Post a Comment