Weather

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Post-Surgery

So I had surgery on Monday!  I am feeling great compared to what I thought I would feel.  I actually have not had tons of pain, and I normally feel nauseous with pain meds but there has been none.

So on to the surgery story...

I got picked up on Monday morning by one of my lovely friends.  She drove me to the hospital and it took forever to find the office we were suppose to be in.  Once we find it and get checked in I only had to wait about 3 mins before they came to get me to do all the pre-op work.  I was feeling nervous, but my nurse was super comforting and made me feel fine.  After the IV and getting into my sexy hospital gown the nurses let my friend come back to sit with me.  I was glad that I could just sit and joke with someone before hand.  Once all the doctor and surgery team had stopped by to see me they were ready to take me back.

I was just chatting with the anesthesiologist and the next thing I knew I was waking up in the recovery room. I could not feel my arm since they had given me a nerve block.  So for the next 12 hrs at least it felt like I did not have an arm on that side.  The good thing that happened is I found out that the injury in my shoulder was not a full tendon tear, but a bone spur that had been making small cuts into my tendon.  This means a much faster and less painful recovery time.  Back to the story:  My friend came back and sat with me till the nurses were willing to release me...which was not till I went to the bathroom...the nurses felt like they had to talk to me as a little kid and would not say do you need to go to the bathroom, but do you need to go pee pee or go tee tee.  I just stared at them like are you crazy?  Once I finally did the great task I was driven home by my friend.

I was feeling awesome and was ready to get back to ruling the world that day(thanks to nerve blocks).  So I was not willing to rest at all.  But I had friends all taking shifts to help take care of me and encourage me to rest.  When I woke up on Tuesday morning I realized that world domination was going to have to wait.  I was not in pain, but just super sore.  So now I am just resting most of the day.

Even today I went for a short walk that normally would not take me long, and it took forever!  Once I got back to my house I was ready for another nap.  So for the next few weeks I am going to just take it very slow, and  rest as much as possible.

I am just glad that I should be back to my fun loving self sooner then was expected.  Thanks for keeping up with me!  I would love to hear updates from you and your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment