Weather

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

May 13th

So in High School this date was a very important date! This was the day of my Senior Banquet(CCS Prom), and I was so excited that I was finally going to graduate High School and move on to college.  My Senior Banquet got even better when my first nephew, Ben the Man, was born the day before!  I will never ever forget this date in my life.

Today this date got a new memory for it.  I will be having shoulder surgery on May 13th at 9:30 am.  I have been trying to get this surgery scheduled for the last week, but today they finally called.  I was just glad that it all got worked out.  Now it is just waiting for the info packet from the Doctor's office telling me all the things that I can and can't do.  I am kinda feeling ready for this just to get going.

On the other hand I am feeling a bit anxious because this is my first surgery.  I know, I know I am 26 and just now having a surgery.  Most people I tell are like "WHAT?!?!".  I just am trying not to work myself up about the whole thing.  I think if I got too nervous then I would say forget it and just live with a hurt shoulder.

I am mainly curious what it will be like after surgery.  They have told me that it is a 6 month-1 year recovery time.  4-8 week of that will be in a sling, and not being able to use my arm at all.  I am still planning on taking my classes and being a human being, so how is this going to change my life.  For the first month they say that you can't move your shoulder, so no dressing myself or brushing my hair with that arm or pulling my hair up in a ponytail.  I am just going to have to be very dependent on others, and I am not a huge fan of that.  I like being able to do my own thing, and not having to worry about things being done for me.

I now have to start planning where I will be staying for those first few days home, and who is going to help me out.  I am not even sure where to start this process.  Hopefully I will just figure it out.  I know there are people that are willing to help, and would jump at the chance.  I just don't want to put other people out of their time and energy.

Well that is enough whining from me.  It will all get sorted in due time.  I will try to keep you updated and if you are really good I might even post a blog while I am on pain killers for your enjoyment and for the future ridicule of me.  Thanks for reading, and not stopping half way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment