Weather

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Where has the time gone????

The title of this post is a question that I have been asking myself for weeks now.  I feel like I have just arrived in India a few days ago, but it was really 2 months ago.  I feel like the time has been going by soooooo fast.  Well I will get on with the full update, because if I don't then I will just be rambling the whole time about time.

DRAMA WEEK!!!!!
   Is finally over.  I have never had such a great experience getting to watch so much drama.  For 2 weeks we had drama performances almost every night.  The students all did great.  The kids in my show got a few award, and they are Runner Up for Best Actor and Runner up for Best Actress and the Best Actress award.  I was so proud of my kids.  One of them even got a special award for composing and playing her own work in the show.  All of the shows were wonderful.  The one that I loved the best was the Std 13 play.  In that play it is completely done by the students.  This year they did The Hunchback of Notre Dame.  Can we say WOW!  It would have put some college or even some professional shows to shame. They got a standing ovation both times they performed.  I was very proud of them.

One thing that drama week was also great for was helping teach the lesson of humility.  The kids who thought they did great sometimes were not the ones that got awards.  It really showed the kids that we can not just always brag on ourselves but lift up and encourage others as well.

Now I am on break...we are having our "Fall Break".  So right now I am sitting in the lovely apartment of some fellow workers from the company.  Just enjoying the sound of nothing.  It is very calm and peaceful.  That is just what the doctor ordered.  I am very glad that I have this moment of peace and freedom.  Oh and I also had a real hamburger yesterday.  One of the teachers from the school ordered some meat before I left and we made some huge burgers.  I could barely eat the whole thing, but it was nice to have a whole lot of beef.

I hope you are all having wonderful days and the Father is blessing you as much as he is blessing me!  I can not wait to hear from you and I hope you all have a great day!!!

1 comment: